CATALYTIC DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
We routinely receive inquiries from individuals and groups interested in purchasing a large number of properties for residential or commercial development.
If you fall into this category, we recommend that you contact our City of Birmingham – Community Development Department or Economic Development Departments to present your plans.
If supported, they will be able to direct you to us for site assembly.
As outlined in section 3.1 of the Birmingham Land Bank Authority’s Policies and Procedures, Applications and requests for catalytic development opportunities identified in plans and projects adopted and supported by the City of Birmingham will receive special consideration by the Birmingham Land Bank Authority(BLBA).
If you are an non-municipal person or organization that desires to acquire a large number of properties for development, we recommend that you contact our Community Development Department and Economic Development Departments with your plans so that they can make sure your plans align with the goals of the neighborhoods and City of Birmingham.
The BLBA routinely works with outside agencies and entities referred to it by City of Birmingham departments. If your department or entity that your department is partnering with on any type of catalytic development project desires to acquire property through the BLBA, we request that you follow the procedure outlined below:
- Submit project form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. On that document, please include the following:
Please provide a short project narrative
Please attach proposed site map
Please provide the following for each eligible parcel requested:
Please provide funding source
- Submit online application for properties at birminghamlandbank.org
- Present to BLBA Board of Directors for approval.
- Execute purchase contract.
- Intergovernmental agreement if funds are expected to be transferred from city account to BLBA account
- Conventional purchase agreement if outside entity will be furnishing funds
- Remit earnest money/full amount depending on agreement.
- The BLBA will then commence acquisition of properties for your organization.
Please send your questions and information to email@example.com